This year, there are many good reasons to consider selling your home during the holidays. Here are 11 of the top reasons why.
This post was originally written by fellow AR associate Dana Betzelberger. Thanks Dana!
If I can help you buy or sell a property in the Denver-Area, don't hesitate to call me at (303) 514-4000.
Happy Halloween! How quickly this year has flown by!
Everyone knows that after the trick-or-treaters are all home enjoying their sugar highs and all-nighters, the holiday season immediately kicks in. It may sound crazy, but the holiday season is actually one of the best times of the year to list your home. Here are some reasons why:
1. You'll be getting the serious buyers.Let's face it - It's cold, icy and snowy all over Kansas City during the holidays. The brave buyers venturing out during a blizzard aren't looking just for fun - they want a home and they want it now.
2. Less competitionSince listing during this time of year is (for some reason) a pretty well kept secret, not as many homes will be on the market. That means less competition for you... and more opportunities to sell for you too!
3. Everyone will put their house on the market in January.What do you think your New Year's Resolution will be? I can already tell you most people are getting ready to sell their homes in order to work towards their New Year's Resolutions. Beat them to the punch!
4. Holiday decorations!Houses decorated for the holidays give you that warm, fuzzy feeling inside. It's pretty much guaranteed that if your house is lit up on the outside, decorated tastefully on the inside, and hot chocolate is set up for an open house on a cold day, you'll sell your house in a mitten-muted snap.
5. Everyone's a bit more jolly!It really is the most wonderful time of the year. Everyone seems to have the right amount of pep in their step and decisions seem to be easier to make. Why not help someone make their decision in buying a new home?
6. People finally have some extra time to look for a new house.Less work = more time to look for a new home. If a buyer has been wanting to look for a new home for a long time, they'll have more time during the holidays to take that first step and look at homes (meaning yours)!
7. Taxes!Some people decide to buy a new house at the end of the year for tax reasons. Make it easy for them and list your home before the beginning of next year!
8. New year means new jobs for some.January is the month for employees to begin new jobs. Transferees can't wait until spring to buy a home if they need to live somewhere now! Your house will be open to people who need to buy before the first of the year.
9. You can still celebrate in your home and be on the market.If you haven't moved yet, that's perfectly fine! You can restrict your showings during the six or seven days during the holidays in order to get ready for celebrating with your family.
10. Have your cake and save it until early next year!You can sell your home right now for more money and still get ready to move. We'll provide you with a delayed closing or an extended occupancy, whichever you need, until early next year.
11. Sell high, buy low.Remember how we mentioned there would be less competition during the holidays? Can you guess when that competition will be? If you guessed spring, you're right on the money. You'll be able to sell your house easily for a higher price and be able to buy your new home in the spring with some money left over!
email me at email@example.com
call me at 913-226-6291